cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber 10.5.2 import contact lists without telephone number

tonyy
Level 1
Level 1

I created contact lists in .xml format  and imported them into Cisco jabber 10.5.2

But it has no telephone number

which filed can i use ?

The following XML snippet shows the structure of a contact list definitions file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<buddylist>
<group>
<gname>Group Name</gname>
<user>
<uname>IM Address</uname>
<fname>Display Name</fname>
</user>
</group>
</buddylist>

4 Replies 4

As far as i know, this is currently not possible. There is an enhancement request already in place CSCup19115.

Regards

I have tried to import a single user and a single group. The error I get says that it can import the xml and that I should contact the administrator (no prizes for guessing who that is). I have checked the validity of my xml in explorer and it opens fine.

This is frustrating bearing in mind in v10.x there is no outlook address book pull through. Although it does pull through the calendar???

You'd have thought that both would have been developed and delivered at the same time.

This although not a show stopper for us, is a real disappointment.

I opened a TAC case and they reported this falls under bug CSCup19115.  It's hard to imagine that no fix has been made available for almost 4 years now.  Has anyone found another workaround besides manually adding the telephone number?

Thank you,

Jeff

This is one of those places where Cisco lets itself down and we who love what we do with Cisco as well. How can use create a file for buddy list without a phone number field. I mean what is the point of the buddy list? In 2020 you still have to manually add buddy list with phone numbers!!!. Common

Please rate all useful posts