cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.5 and 10.6 don't show "Away" for Outlook Appointments with "Out of Office" state

Have googled "Cisco Jabber Out of Office" and searched forum unsuccessfully so far for "Out of Office". Not ready to do a TAC case yet. Looking for comment from other partners/customers to see if I've missed an obvious 'something', not read the book (I have) etc. Have not run a PRT off the client yet but may do today. Have no desire whatsoever to ever ever ever do another Exchange Server integration.

Jabber for Windows 10.5.X and 10.6.X don't show "Away" for Outlook Appointments with "Out of Office" Calendar State, it shows "Available" instead.

10.6(0) Rel Notes said it's fixed but it’s still not working in any 10.6.x version with the client based integration.

1. The Cisco Collaboration System 9.X and 10.x Solution Reference Network Designs (SRND) all describe "Aggregated Presence State Based on Calendar State" as Meetings (and Appointments I assume) Calendar State driving "Cisco IM and Presence Service State" (I also assume this means Jabber) to show "Away". The comments appear to be specifically about the Exchange EWS <--> Cisco IM and Presence Service server<-->server integration. I have not seen any specific mention of the client-based integration in the SRND.
  2. Does this also apply to the Jabber for Windows client-based Outlook integration?
  • Outlook Appointments and Meetings with "Busy" Calendar State instantly show in Jabber as "Busy" - perfect.
  • Outlook Appointments and Meetings with "Out of Office" Calendar State instantly show in Jabber as "Available" - Dohp!.
  • I understand from the documentation that the Outlook "Out of Office" wizard will not update into Jabber - sad, but Lync does it so it's possible.

Running:

• Jabber for Windows 10.5(2), 10.5(4), 10.6(0), 10.6.(1), 10.6(2) using client-based Outlook integration
  • CUCM and CUPS 9.1
  • CUCM IMPS 10.5 (6?) can't recall exactly
  • Windows 7 x64
  • Office 2010 x86
  • Office 2013 x86

What have I missed? Everything else works literally perfectly with DigiCert and Microsoft PKI.

6 Replies 6

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try 10.5(5.54590)

According to the following bug it was resolved in 10.5(5.54590).

Jabber not showing Away status when user is Offline and in OOO meeting
CSCus91027

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the 10.5 suggestion Bud but we're not able to go backward now, given customer loves the new 10.6 features and won't accept a regression.

I've tested it in all the versions subsequent to 10.5(5) but the bug you've ID'd may not be the same as the one I'm reporting. Offline works perfectly = Grey/Absent/Offline  and it was apparently fixed again in 10.6(0). I wonder how 'fixed' it really has been?

Sorry Bud, not trying to sound grumpy :-)

No problem.  It's all good!

Thank you cehill. You are quite correct that 10.5(5) fixes the issue.

An Outlook Appointment or an Outlook Meeting set for Calendar State as either "Busy" or "Out of Office" shows in Jabber 10.5.5 as "In a Meeting".

Cisco Jabber Developers!!!! the question begs itself "How can this be, that subsequent 10.6.X versions do not behave the same way?"

So now we know for a FACT that the client based Outlook integration CAN work.

Cisco please stump up and get this going in 10.6, just like it does in 10.5.5, even if it means adding a parameter/switch to select between Jabber showing Away versus In a Meeting to cater for company preference.

Your welcome.

Please rate the answer when you get a minute, if it was helpful.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: