Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6.1 - Cannot communicate with the server

dbroyles1
Level 1
Level 1

My office recently upgraded to Jabber 10.6.1

There are about half a dozen people who use it daily without problems.  However, a colleague and I have been unable to log in since Thursday/Friday of last week.

**Edited to add: I was also unable to send/receive screen captures for several weeks prior to this; the solution to the server communication issue solved both.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We've seen this with a few of our users as well. All started noticing having issues Friday morning. As this is a hosted service for us via webex we had our engineers call in to Jabber support. Cisco performed a modification to their account and they were able to connect again. No SRV records were messed with.

***EDIT*** - This appears to have been caused by a certificate issue. The Trusted Root Certificate for QuoVadis expired and was not renewed on some machines. 

Go here: https://www.quovadisglobal.com/QVRepository/DownloadRootsAndCRL.aspx

Install the Cert for : QuoVadis Root CA2 (in windows, download as DER>right click file>install)

Jabber should connect now. The issue was in SSL validation with the appropriate hosted servers.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And what have you checked so far????

Are SRVs OK??

Is the configuration for his device OK??

What version of UC products???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've tried resetting my password.  I confirmed that my advanced connection settings (pictured below) were the same as everyone else's. Our IT manager decided to check my registry values against someone else's, he said he tried something but there was no improvement.  I have not tried a clean install yet.

I don't know what SRVs or UC products are, please clarify?

Is this client on a different network?  Wireless or anything like that?

No, we are all on the same network.  I can connect and chat fine through the browser-based client but not with the desktop client.

If you're and end user you should be reaching your IT support team for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We are a small business, our IT support team is one person from an IT support company who visits once a week.  He did not purchase or configure the software.  I will send him a link to this thread.

We've seen this with a few of our users as well. All started noticing having issues Friday morning. As this is a hosted service for us via webex we had our engineers call in to Jabber support. Cisco performed a modification to their account and they were able to connect again. No SRV records were messed with.

***EDIT*** - This appears to have been caused by a certificate issue. The Trusted Root Certificate for QuoVadis expired and was not renewed on some machines. 

Go here: https://www.quovadisglobal.com/QVRepository/DownloadRootsAndCRL.aspx

Install the Cert for : QuoVadis Root CA2 (in windows, download as DER>right click file>install)

Jabber should connect now. The issue was in SSL validation with the appropriate hosted servers.

Thank you, this worked for everyone in my office who reported the issue.

It also solved a previous issue I was having, which was the inability to send or receive screen captures.

Hi @Jaime Valencia,

I hope you are doing well!

Could you please suggest me anything on below issue?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/jabber-quot-cannot-communicate-with-the-server-quot-quot/m-p/3882497#M40296

Thanks in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: