cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 and Sony Xperia Z3V

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone successfully connected Jabber 10.6 to CM 10.5 phone services on a Sony Xperia Z3V? I see that the Z3 is supported on the list but I wasn't sure about the Z3V which is Verizon's version. I can connect to the IM and voicemail services but not the phone services. I keep getting the error "Cannot connect to Phone Services server. Check your network settings". I am using IP address instead of DNS name. I say this because some of the posts resolving phone service issues were related to DNS and FQDN.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are your servers defined under system -> Server????

IP??? hostname/FQDN???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have the servers configured by IP address. I have a user with a Motorola X that is able to connect to the jabber phones services without any issues.

If the same config/user works on other supported device, you might want to pull a PRT and look at it to try and pinpoint what might be causing the error on that particular device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

oleg090965
Level 1
Level 1

I do

- set the CUCM security mode to "mixed-mode". You can do this with the "utils ctl set-cluster mixed-mode". There is no more need of e-token with a 10.0 release (don't know exactly since when, maybe even a 9.0)

Reboot server

- activate CAPF and CTL Provider services

- create a secure phone profile, assign it to the BOT device

i copy standard "Cisco Dual Mode for Android - Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile"

change "Device Security Mode" to authenticate

change "Port" to 5061

- set the CAPF parameter to "Install/upgrade" in the BOT device with a key size that matches the one you set in the secure phone profile

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: