cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 Config File

John Aberasturi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  Maybe I have just missed key pieces in the deployment guide, but it looks like the jabber-config.xml file I have on the tftp server is over written by the jabberlocalconfig file on all of my machines.   In particular, this is affecting my Directory configuration because it doesn't get placed in the config and causes the entire GAL to show up when I only want to restrict to a particular OU.  If I place the jabber-config.xml file directly in the folder, it is deleted on startup also.  There are two other XML files hanging out in that folder: home-uds-info and service-location.  How can I get the jabber-config to stick around or how do I manipulate one of the other files to hold the same settings?

Thanks,

JR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you are trying to push config using jabber-config.xml, There is no jabber-config.xml in 10.6. It imports all the configurations into the cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml.

Generally speaking, using 9.7 for example, when you start jabber all the files will be overwritten based on what exists on TFTP server. You shouldn't place the file locally. It should be uploaded using TFTP server.

View solution in original post

From jabber v10.6, jabber-config.xml file will not be stored in PC and you can’t find it under this path,

%AppData%\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

If you would like to view the contents of the jabber-config.xml file, that are cached by jabber v10.6 and stored in cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml(Most of the information is same but some sensitive information has been parsed out).
You can find this file at:

%AppData%\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\Cache\cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml

In the versions prior to 10.6 , if you delete jabber-config.xml file under the path :-
Then jabber would download it again from CUCM’s TFTP and keep it on the same location. But with 10.6 you will not see this happening.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

Just to make sure the basics are covered, did you restart the Cisco TFTP service after uploading the jabber-config.xml file?  Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Feature Services.

If not, the clients will never get the config and use its local defaults.

Hi. It has been restarted.  Should the local file replace the jabber-config? Could using UDS be causing the problem? Or does it appear to be a tftp problem? I did try to tftp the jabber-config.xml file to my desktop using freeftp with no luck. Thanks.

Hi,

If you are trying to push config using jabber-config.xml, There is no jabber-config.xml in 10.6. It imports all the configurations into the cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml.

Generally speaking, using 9.7 for example, when you start jabber all the files will be overwritten based on what exists on TFTP server. You shouldn't place the file locally. It should be uploaded using TFTP server.

It doesn't copy to your desktop, it stays on the CUCM that is your tftp server.  You can check if it's accessible by going to the following URL from any web browser on your desktop

http://<tftp_ip>:6970/jabber-config.xml

From jabber v10.6, jabber-config.xml file will not be stored in PC and you can’t find it under this path,

If you would like to view the contents of the jabber-config.xml file, that are cached by jabber v10.6 and stored in cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml(Most of the information is same but some sensitive information has been parsed out).
You can find this file at:

%AppData%\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\Cache\cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml

In the versions prior to 10.6 , if you delete jabber-config.xml file under the path :-
Then jabber would download it again from CUCM’s TFTP and keep it on the same location. But with 10.6 you will not see this happening.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: