cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 - Disable Location Information

Barney.Dorn
Level 1
Level 1

We have now begun testing Jabber for Windows v10.6 and would like to disable the client from requesting the user to enter Location information.

Has anyone done this yet or know how to do so?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All, sorry for not responding sooner.  We found the problem and this is now resolved. The issue was that we moved TFTP service functions to 2 dedicated TFTP servers but somehow left TFTP services activated on the CUCM servers that used to serve the TFTP functions.  The Jabber client was looking at the CUCM servers instead of the new TFTP servers even though option 150 within the DHCP scope pointed to the new TFTP servers.

The solution was to deactivate the TFTP services on the CUCM servers and then all operated as expected.

We no longer experience the problem but did issue a reset of the Jabber client as a precaution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Barney

You can disable locations under File options. You can also do this on the Jabber XML file

There is a switch for enable location feature (True or False)

Use the Jabber XML file generator to make this easy

Jabber Config File Generator | Jabber Clients | Cisco Support Community | 5831 | 106926

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I was really wanting to make it disabled upon install so that the user is never prompted for location upon first launch.

Yep see the edited post on using the XML file to do that

The problem is (and not to hijack barney.dorn's thread but I'm sure he's seeing the same thing) , I've done the XML edits, and Jabber still notifies of a "New Location Detected" on first open.

All, sorry for not responding sooner.  We found the problem and this is now resolved. The issue was that we moved TFTP service functions to 2 dedicated TFTP servers but somehow left TFTP services activated on the CUCM servers that used to serve the TFTP functions.  The Jabber client was looking at the CUCM servers instead of the new TFTP servers even though option 150 within the DHCP scope pointed to the new TFTP servers.

The solution was to deactivate the TFTP services on the CUCM servers and then all operated as expected.

We no longer experience the problem but did issue a reset of the Jabber client as a precaution.

HumanTorch
Level 5
Level 5

Jabber for Mac doesn't have the "location" options

Yes this is on the roadmap. Since this is a public facing side of the community I can;t post details but partners/customers can join Early trial programs and get detailed roadmap information

Yes, thank you, just saw the beta trial of Jabber for Mac 11.5 in CCP that is scheduled to release tomorrow. I'm a partner, so I'll try that out

Just downloaded Jabber for Mac 11.5 beta, location works, so does persistent chat room