cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.1 windows client

action711
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup Jabber Windows client for video and audio calls only. No IM, no presence

I have CUCM 9.1.2 and have integrated my AD into CUCM. I have installed Windows Jabber 11.1.1 and can sign in with my AD account details.

But that's as far as I get. I have a red cross in the bottom left of Jabber. I searched for help and it said

Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone
Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your
system administrator for assistance.

However I've looked and there isn't a Phone Services tab in the Options window.......

So I looked some more and found a Cisco document saying to configure IM and Presence. But then I found another Cisco document saying that IM and Presence has been fully integrated in CUCM 9 and later. I don't have a Presence server at the moment, and don't even know if I need one or not.

So what the tinykitty am I supposed to do? Completely lost up Cisco's ass. I though it might be interesting giving Jabber to everyone but it's just a confusion and frustration and the more I work with Cisco the more I hate it....

Plus now logging into the windows Jabber client seems to be random. At the moment it's not letting me login. Sometimes it shows my username as [name]@[server ip address] other times as just my name, other times as [name]@[domain name]. It seems to be 50/50 whether it logs in or not every time I open it....

Any assistance greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem!

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark threads 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You'll need to create a jabber-config.xml and put it on your Cisco TFTP to configure the client. Have you done this?

If not, use this to create the file: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/106926/jabber-config-file-generator

You don't need a Presence/IM&P server - Jabber can be used as a simple softphone client, but you do need to set up the config files.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank-you so much, that's amazing.

Here is information about Jabber-config.xml

How to configure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_01000.html

How to upload in call manager:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01010.html#CJAB_TK_HFEC1ED8_00

No problem!

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark threads 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content..

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There could be varities of reason for the cucm connectivity issue. Here are some common ones -

1) The "CCMCIP Profile" is not configured in IM&P (Under Application Menu)

2) Some network issue going on (TCP 8443, 6970, 6972, 5060 aren't passing to CUCM)

3) Jabber-config.xml is not configured correctly (partially configured for Call manager related configuration)

4) Call manager UDS home cluster is not found for some reason (Call Manager > User Management > End User > ..)

The error about service tab most likely is a generic message sourced from many issues.