cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.9 - Contacts not visible in client.

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

When using Jabber 11.9 a number of contacts added from the directory do not show in the client contacts list when added successfully.  When I examine the contacts list via the CUCM presence viewer they are present, but do not appear in the jabber client.  If I remove/add contacts back sometimes they appear, but may disappear again after logout/login.

This behavior seems to be the same across other platforms running 11.9 (iOS, Android) - but I have heard reports that logging jabber 11.8 show all contact successfully.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the solution which Cisco TAC provided was to convert the local users as IM&P users.

Not sure why the same users works in Jabber 11.8 version upon adding as a Contact but not in 11.9 for which there is no response from Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

navidsyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frank,

Have you heard anything from Cisco about this?

-Navid

Hi,

we have exact the same problem.

Any solutions yet?

Regards,

Florian

Yes the solution which Cisco TAC provided was to convert the local users as IM&P users.

Not sure why the same users works in Jabber 11.8 version upon adding as a Contact but not in 11.9 for which there is no response from Cisco TAC.

No, I didn't end up engaging Cisco on this one.  In my case there were some discrepancies with the users generated IM address, so I updated the IM address scheme and regenerate all IM addresses (this is a relatively new install).  Once I did that the problems with contacts seemed to correct themselves.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: