cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.0 Login Issue - Cannot open page, try again later

nickkassel
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with logging into Jabber internally from a different domain to where the servers sit, this is a new install, the customer is in the middle of migrating to a new domain so the UC servers were put in the new domain, my test PC on the new domain works fine srv records are setup in new DNS and all works as expected.

The customer now wants to test Jabber but they are still on old domain, we can resolve the correctly from old domain PC, client does its service discovery which you can see in the jabber.log however when we try to sign in I get the message ‘Cannot open page, Try again later’

Anyone seen this before?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using a new DNS for that new domain, add the new domain to the old DNS along with the required SRVs and voice servers or configure a DNS forwarder to the new DNS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie, This issue still persists we now having the DNS forwarding setup to the new domain.

The difference is now the client does its service discovery and provides username and password prompt, I enter the credentials and it signs in successfully, however if I refresh the config in Jabber it says Configuration changes detected. To apply changes sign out and sign in again. when I try to sign in again, I get back to the 'Cannot open page, Try again later' message.

Any ideas?

You'll have to look at the logs in the PRT to find out why is that, if it signed correctly and downloaded all the files, I can't think of a reason why that would happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: