Views
Helpful
Replies

JABBER 12.0 with windows 10

Euan
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

i've recently deployed IM&P 11.5 on premise to our company with a full LDAP integration and everything is fine.

however i'm facing a issue with the Jabber client in a "chat only" mode, the sso is working fine, but for some reason the  <Start_Client_On_Start_OS>true</Start_Client_On_Start_OS> option in the XML file doesn't seem to be taken in account whatever i do.

the TFTP server is reachable and i can read the XML in a browser, syntax is check thru notepad++ and all the other options are taken in account.

i know there is the option to use Windows LDAP to deploy a GPO to start on session opening but i'd rather use the configuration file instead.

anyone has faced this issue ?

in advance thanks fo the answers

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you get a PRT do you see that Jabber actually got the jabber-config.xml with that config parameters?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

thank you for your quick reply, my answers below

yes the JabberAllConfig XML in the PRT is showing the correct option under the "cachedTftpConfigStore.xml" Store and under the "LocalFileConfigStore" store

Regards

in addition in the jabber.log file there is this log : 

[services\impl\ConfigServiceImpl.cpp(182)] [ConfigService-ConfigServiceImpl] [CSFUnified::ConfigServiceImpl::findConfig] - findConfig key : [start_client_on_start_os] is an alias for key : [LaunchOnSystemStartup] actual lookup done on this key - value : [true]

do i need to use the LaunchOnSystemStartup option instead ?

Regards