Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.1: "Jabber mobile App is available" Popup

Marc Richter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I've just installed Cisco Jabber 12.1 for Windows last week and it seems that once every 24 hours theres an Popup "Jabber mobile App is available". Is there any chance to get totally rid of this? And also to not display this commercial if I'd like to rollout the client in my company?

Thanks and regards

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kleefoot-bis
Level 5
Level 5

You can Switch this of with the following Parameter in any of the jabber-config.XML!

<EnablePromoteMobile>false</EnablePromoteMobile>

Cheers Ralf

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kleefoot-bis
Level 5
Level 5

You can Switch this of with the following Parameter in any of the jabber-config.XML!

Cheers Ralf

Awesome, Thanks a lot!

Our Jabber platform is cloud-based.  We don't any jabber-config.XML files.  How can we turn this pop-up off on our cloud platform?

I searched my computer and I cannot find a file called "jabber-config.XML"

Can you provide more detailed instructions on where to find this file and exactly what I have to do when I find it?

Do you just paste "<EnablePromoteMobile>false</EnablePromoteMobile>" anywhere in that file? or is there a specific place you have to paste it?

We have no control over that, you'd need to reach IT. That setting is admin configurable, not user configurable.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This won't help you if you're not a CM admin but this may help someone else.

This xml file is located on the CUCM tftp server (at least in my environment) you can download it from your TFTP servers CLI, you just add that line of text to it, then go back into the OS admin GUI delete the old file and upload the new one. It goes under the policy section, Here's a sample:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Policies>
   <ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>
   <VoiceServicesDomain>XXXXXXX</VoiceServicesDomain>
   <MakeCallHotKey>FALSE</MakeCallHotKey>
 </Policies>
 <Directory>
 </Directory>
 <Client>
  <Persistent_Chat_Enabled>true</Persistent_Chat_Enabled>
  <Persistent_Chat_Mobile_Enabled>true</Persistent_Chat_Mobile_Enabled>
 </Client>
</config>

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
BTW, you can upgrade the Cisco Jabber to 12.1(1), they changed the EnablePromoteMobile to be FALSE by default. It is written in the release notes of the new version.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: