cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.5 | Missing GUI Features

RITR
Level 1
Level 1

I installed 12.5 for about 3 minutes and reverted back to 12.1.

• Please allow hiding of pictures in the conversations list. Otherwise the list is double the height than in 12.1.
  • Please allow the rearranging of conversations in the conversations list.
  • Please keep the re-arranged conversations in place and add new conversations to the bottom like before in 12.1.

I work with a team of people that is pretty static, so when I want to talk to someone, I know exactly where they are on the list and I usually sort it by frequency or priority. With 12.5 chats go newest on top from when the chat began. It's not even last message at the top. So you get this random list every-time you launch Jabber. It's like it was designed for people who rarely use chat or something.

Also, the new look is just more vague.. can't tell where the title bar is.. what do you click on to drag windows around.. uhg. Why? You want people to use your product more, right? Why make it worse?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you reach out to your SE/AM to submit all this feedback via the appropriate channels so it gets to the Jabber team

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sbrown0011111
Level 1
Level 1

Same issues here. We have a team that we tested it on. Lasted a day.

A few people are older and the color pallet is too stark. Hard on the eyes. Jabber needs a theme option, so people can still use the old style look. (maybe even a way to set this globally)

We won't be rolling this out. 

godot42
Level 1
Level 1

It's more...

I

The softphone number had been the default for the phone button. Now the button opens a list of phone numbers, where I need to select the one I want (sole exception: The colleague only has one number)

The softphone number is still the first one in the list and I would like to have the possibility, to make this the default.

II

In the old jabber, the list of participants in a group chat had been visible all the time (at the right).

Now I need to dig this out via the ‘…’-menu, then “roster’ [ok, at least I learned a new English word]

(And this disappears, when I switch to another chat)

As explained before, you need to submit a PER via your SE/AM, or send this feedback to the product team via your SE/AM, CSC is not monitored by the product teams.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate