Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.5 , unable to do a desktop share while on VPN

Amritsidhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have an environment on cucm 11.5 (SU4) and few of teleworkers connecting the corporate network via a VPN though the Firewall.

For Inter VPN clients , the desktop share works when using the chats, but if its between the vpn client and the internal client then the desktop share wont work .It throws up an error code saying " error connecting desktop" (or something along these lines).

Need some assistance if possible.

Thanks

Amrit Sidhu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

This is what I found :

This was my first post , and I thank you for your help.

Reagrds

Amrit Sidhu

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by making sure all the necessary ports are open, and if no avail, take a look at the PRT from both machines to try to pinpoint the issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What I found is that the receiver , when accepts the share message then tries to establish a connection to the senders IP add which is private and has a default route back to inside LAN

.The expected behaviour is that the receiver should connect back to the VPN IP address and not the WIFI adaptor address of the sender.

The ports are open.

Thanks

Amrit

Hi ,

This is what I found :

This was my first post , and I thank you for your help.

Reagrds

Amrit Sidhu

Good morning,

Much appreciate your insight.  If you could find the time to expand your answer just a little, TAC has been unable to provide a solution for this particular issue so far.  I assume you used NAT to combine IP and port mapping translation however AnyConnect is little bit special circumstance in its behavior....  Thank you so much.

What about if you are seeing an issue with the VPN to VPN connection? VPN to internal works just fine, we are seeing a similar issue when two users who are working remotely are having the same issue?

I've experienced that issue before. If using Cisco ASA for VPN the resolution was to check "Enable traffic between two or more hosts connected to the same interface"