cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.7 Parameters

Doug Davidson
Level 4
Level 4

Since Jabber 12.7 has been released, I was looking at some of the parameters and those parameters do not show up in CUCM 12.5 Jabber profile. How do I get the new options added to the profile

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, so I have a little egg on my face.

I found that if you click Add custom, it does create a blank row with a text box, however what threw me off it also adds a blank line with drop down, before the custom entry and if you save it, then you get the corrupt uc service that you cannot view any of the settings. So I am able to add new parameters.

As an example,

1. Copy existing Jabber config service

2. Click "Add Custom" and now have two black parameter lines, one has nothing but drop downs and the other one has the drop down for the section and then a text box to enter the parameter.

3. Click Save you are presented with Jabber null.png

If you delete the blank line, and save it all is good.

Hope this makes sense.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1
I was told today that new parameters for the "jabber-config.xml" in the UCM web UI will added during normal SUs. While waiting for the SU, you will need to manually add the keys; there should be a manual enter section at the bottom of the parameters page. Also, I would make sure you are on the latest 12.xSU if you want them added automatically, if they are even available yet in the latest SU, check the release notes.
Thanks,
Justin Ferello

There is an add and add custom under the service policies, but adds only allow you to enter defined parameters. There is not a way to add new undefined parameters.

Totally unacceptable!

You use the add custom option for any parameter that is not in the drop-down, that field becomes a text box instead of a drop-down so you enter the parameter manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, when I tried to add custom and do not select a section, it blows everything up.

Tried to add this:

jabber custom parameter.png

After clicking Save I get the following:

Jabber null.png

The only solution then is to delete it. I can't view any of the settings.

Just upgraded to 12.5.1.11900-146 (12.5 SU1)

Thanks,

Apparently that's missing validation, each parameter goes into a section, if you do it properly and configure the parameter in a section, it will save it properly.

HTH

java

But if I pick a section, it changes the parameter section to a drop down and have no other way to enter the new parameters.

I'm running the base 12.5 in my lab and it does allow me to click on add custom with the drop-down for section and text box for parameter and value, if that's not the same behavior you're seeing on SU1, then you need to open a TAC case as that is a bug, the text box should not change into a drop-down for a custom value.

HTH

java

I have access to a 12.5(1) no SU, and that is not how it works there.

When I click Add Custom, a new row appears. When I set the Section drop down for this new row to, say, Options, the Parameter input field remains a text entry field which I can type into.

jabber-config-custom.png

So, it sounds like you've found a defect in 12.5(1)SU1.  I checked the bug search, but didn't see anything, so you may want to file a new one, by opening a TAC case and reporting it.

Sounds like a browser issue, what browser are you using?
Thanks,
Justin Ferello

OK, so I have a little egg on my face.

I found that if you click Add custom, it does create a blank row with a text box, however what threw me off it also adds a blank line with drop down, before the custom entry and if you save it, then you get the corrupt uc service that you cannot view any of the settings. So I am able to add new parameters.

As an example,

1. Copy existing Jabber config service

2. Click "Add Custom" and now have two black parameter lines, one has nothing but drop downs and the other one has the drop down for the section and then a text box to enter the parameter.

3. Click Save you are presented with Jabber null.png

If you delete the blank line, and save it all is good.

Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I noticed that you have to have at least one real parameter, in order to have any custom parameters at all. That seems like an oversight.

Per my account team, CUCM team is opening a bug on this issue, evidently multiple reports recently. Will update with the bug ID, when I get it.

Thanks for the help,

Doug

Bug ID CSCvr35696

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: