Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.8.1 Microsoft Office Integration error

CTModule1
Level 1
Level 1

When I open Jabber I get notification

Error ID CJ:4000:1001

I tried with reinstalling and with modify the installer package to disable Click2x, but error is still there.

13 Replies 13

Hi!

This is a cosmetic issue, i.e., that does not affect the performance nor functionality of Cisco Jabber, this issue started to be seen on versions 12.7(1) and onwards.

It is suggested to verify via the Regedit if more IM Providers are also running in the computer, as that could be the reason for the error being shown.

Keep in mind that Jabber was not meant to be running with other IM providers likes Skype or MSFT Teams.

You might want to check this defect: CSCvv59298.

Regards, Miguel Castillo

Hi @Miguel Castillo (miguecas) 

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Hi,

we experience this issue with users who have MS Teams App installed on their computers.

Nope, we do not have this app installed on this computer.

Is there a fix for this issue? I am seeing it in all the latest version of Jabber including 12.8.1 and onwards for a few of us test users who have various UC apps.

If you find one let me know

So what is the fix if you have MS teams. I am being told it is Cisco and that they are coding in 32 bit

rrighi
Level 1
Level 1

Any news? Which Jabber version fix this bug? Thanks

Jrestes927
Level 1
Level 1

This is still unresolved as of Jabber 12.9.1 for Windows.  As far as I can tell, it continues to be only cosmetic, but still very much a nuisance to explain to user after user that nothing is wrong with their Jabber or Microsoft Office installations.

Hi,

If you have other IM providers, by going to the regedit: HKEY_CU\Software\IM Providers, the behaviour seen could be marked as expected.

This is due to sometimes keys considered as mandatory weren't mandatory (during the installation) in fact and even though the error message appeared Jabber could integrate to Microsoft Office/SharePoint (the error was false positive).

Regards, Miguel Castillo

I am getting the same error and I do have Microsoft Teams installed. However, Cisco Jabber is the only thing listed in IM Providers in registry. In my case, this error is not just cosmetic. The presence status of my coworkers does not display correctly in Outlook. Once I force end Teams then restart Jabber and Outlook the presence information will show properly. Very frustrating.

rayangandhi
Level 5
Level 5

If you are running Jabber 12.9.X in phone only mode and install via MSI using the CLICK2x=Disable parameter, the installer does not update the jabber bootstrap properties file correctly. Line 15 in the bootstrap file should read Click2x = False, instead it reads Click2x = Disable. I have seen Click2x = Disable in many other versions of Jabber. It is best to update the bootstrap after Jabber is installed but before Jabber is launched otherwise the presence status in outlook and the IMProvider will be changed by Jabber when launched.

Joseph Hardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe this will help...

Microsoft Office/Outlook can only integrate with one messaging application.  Messaging applications integrate with Office by updating the DefaultIMApp registry key.  Jabber updates/checks this registry key at install and when launched, by default.  This behavior can be changed via the Click2x install switch.  I expect other messaging applications (Skype for example) do something similar.

The best way to avoid this notification, is to only have one messaging application installed on the computer.  If this isn't possible.  Then install the messaging application you want to integrate with Office last, and restart Office.  For all other messaging applications, disable the office integration for the application at install, if possible.

As a last resort you can also open a TAC service request, and we will be happy to further investigate the cause in your environment.

Best regards,

Joseph Hardy