cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.9 shrinks images that are pasted in to chats

amoskraus
Level 1
Level 1

I have received a lot of negative feedback about Jabber 12.9 and 12.9.1 on how they handle images that are pasted into a chat.  Jabber shrinks  the pasted images to the point where anything larger than a few inches has to clicked on to open it up outside of Jabber.  Does anyone know if there is a way to change that back to the old way Jabber used to handle those?

Thank you!

Amos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Need option to disable resize on embedded images
CSCvv74989
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Need option to disable resize on embedded images
CSCvv74989
HTH

java

Thanks for your reply Jaime.  Is there something that can be done to help bump the priority of a known bug like this?  Does submitting a SR or subscribing to the bug help bring it to Cisco developers attention quicker?

Thanks again!

Amos

You can reach out to your SE/AM and submit your business case regarding this enhancement request

HTH

java

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

This change does seem to be a step backwards.  With modern chat clients, pasting in images is part of the conversation.  Now you have to launch each and every thing pasted in.  I do understand that sometimes people pasted in super large images, but that is the exception.

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

I would not consider this solved.

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

This is not solved.  Can that be changed.

To be frank this is not your call to make. It is up to the OP to define if the question was answered or not.

One could argue that the question is in fact answered as it points to the defect that is filled for the wrong behaviour found in the software. That doesn’t mean that the defect in itself is solved. That’s an all together different thing.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: