Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12 Command line call

Hi,

I need to know the command line parameters to do a call in Cisco Jabber 12. In the version 4.8 i can do it with put the id in command parameter.

Help me please

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've never seen that as an option, I don't believe that exists, there was no Jabber version 4.8, you're probably talking about a different product or that's a typo.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

this is my old version of jabber. With this version i can call with command line parameters

jabber versione.JPG

Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (Movi) is end of life and end of support. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

That is pretty much a whole different product which offered several things that the current Jabber doesn't even have (and worked with other options as call control), and as mentioned, it's EOS/EOL.

Current Jabber options which are shipping and supported do not have CLI options to make calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only commands that I have seen for Cisco Jabber (not referring to Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence) is to specify arguments in a Windows CLI to set installation properties. Personally, I have never seen commands to execute a phone call from Cisco Jabber using CLI.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

now I take a look and let me know. Thank you

there is a method to close a call with this parameter? Now I need to close without using the close button of jabber video

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

Its been awhile for movi but.... Here is what I found:

Calling an IP Address with Jabber (movi)- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles/cisco_telepresence_movi_call_ip_address_kb_472.html

- To call an IP address, use the format jabbervideo@. For example, to call an endpoint registered to the IP address 10.47.27.27, dial jabbervideo@10.47.27.27

- Note: Some endpoints require a username when they receive a call. To call these endpoints, use the format @, where is the username of the person you are calling.

rhungerford
Level 1
Level 1

If any one was searching this jabber command line topic for stream deck, the other guy put up a helpful link.

You have to set up the button as a website and put in as  CISCOTEL:(then your number here) 

This worked like a champ for me, as soon as I push the button my computer and 8811 dialed out to my cell

My purpose was to make the stream deck like a side car on a desk phone, just nicer because its closer to the keyboard

Also another hint on also adding a persons direct email button --put it in as mailto:(email address here)

I just made the top icons on stream deck their face and the 3 buttons below email, desk phone and cell phone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: