Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12 Multi-line and Presence state

jclement
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does Jabber for Windows 12.0 with multi-line enabled allow the IM presence to update if the user is on an active call on a non-primary line?  I've looked through the release notes and guides but haven't seen that detail.

We're looking to upgrade our CUCM environment shortly and would find it beneficial if Jabber allows presence status's to update if any of the lines on the Jabber client are in use.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the "on a call" status works across different lines in Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

11.5.1.14900-11

HTH

java

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

AFAIK, Jabber multiline concept is more like, more line for Phone-mode in CSF clients. You can add up to 8 phone lines per user. Say a replacement to Cisco CIPC.

After you have installed and configured Multiline, your users can:

• Select a preferred line for making calls.

• View missed calls and voicemails.

• Use call forwarding, transfers, and conference calls on all lines.

Multiline supports the following features on all lines:

• Far End Camera Control (FECC) and Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)

• Hunt groups

• Call recording and silent monitoring

• Shared line, dial rules, and directory lookup

• Accessory manager

If Multiline is enabled, these features are only available on the primary line:

• Call pickup

• CTI control for the desk phone

• Extend & Connect

• Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access deployment

Min Requirement – CUCM 11.5 SU3

Cop file - cmterm-jabber-desktop-eight-Lines.k3.cop.sgn

It’s included in the "CiscoJabber-Admin-ffr.12-0-0.zip", which can be downloaded from the "Jabber Software-12.0(0)" download area.

Refer Page 61

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber-120.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

This information helps, thanks Rath. We were hoping for a solution that'd allow multiple lines (at least 2) to be monitored and able to display "on a call" status if either line is in use.

Actually, our ideal solution would be if Finesse's "ready/not ready" states could be integrated into Jabber too. We have Finesse Agents who appear as available in Jabber but their Finesse state is set to "Not Ready" resulting in calls to their extensions to route to voicemail. This causes our operators difficulty trying to determine when they can transfer a customer call to an Agents extension for immediate assistance.

Yes, the "on a call" status works across different lines in Jabber.

HTH

java

This is great news Jamie, thanks! Did you find this detail somewhere in a support guide? If you could provide that reference, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I tested it in my lab.

HTH

java

Thanks for testing. Is your lab running on CUCM 11.5?

11.5.1.14900-11

HTH

java

It's mandatory Whole Cluster reboot after install cmterm-jabber-desktop-eight-Lines.k3.cop.sgn?

Thx,

Matteo

I am sure you have moved on from this, but I am trying to get it working and am failing. We are on CCM 12.0.1 and CCX 12.0.1 and IMP 12.0.1, we have the Jabber 8 line device pak installed. Jabber multiline works great, and it also works great for Finesse users, however I am unable to get Finesse/CCX to recognize when my non IPCC line is in use. Is there anything special I need? All the user associations are present. 

GDCTAC
Level 1
Level 1

nice data

axel.gibmeier
Level 1
Level 1

@Ratheesh Kumar - in your post and the documentation it says that users can use call forwarding on all lines from the multiline setup.
Can the users set the call forwarding rules for incoming calls individually for each line (call forward on busy / call forward on no answer / call forward to voicemail, as well as SNR Single Number Reach with Simultaneous Ringing)? How would they do that?

In our case, the user is part of a call distribution with one line (let's call it the "Contact Center Line"), for which no call forwarding rules must apply from Jabber or the call manager. At the same time, the user shall have a Private Line which is used by all his colleagues to call him, as well as friends  and family from outside to call him. For these calls, the Jabber settings for Call Forwarding etc. shall apply... Is that possible? 
Also, is it correct that for the user to be able to change the settings from Jabber for iOS/Android, the private line must be the primary line?

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user can select which line they'd wish to forward. In Jabber it's CFA only.

Similarly, if you assign devices to the end user the lines are visible in the self care portal, so they can adjust the settings for the line there if the various features are exposed to the user to manage.

I believe you can adjust the forwarding settings on the line so that any attempt to set call forward on the line in Jabber would fail to mitigate changing it, but a shared line may not be the best solution, a hunt may be a better choice.

Jabber mobile only supports one line. Depending on the customer's primary duties, you'd want to figure out which to assign -theirs or the shared line - or use a hunt group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: