Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 8.6 one way audio in iPhone and Android

yuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We are testing out Jabber 8.6 for iPhone and Android.  The CUCM version is 7.1.5 and CUPS is 8.6. The CUCM version might be old but it's listed as supported version on Cisco Jabber release notes.

Issues we are having is Jabber client couldn't be heard by the remote party. If I call a deskphone from Jabber, I can hear the deskphone but the deskphone can not hear me. This happens both to iPhone and Android version. When Jabber calls another Jabber, they can't hear each other. It seems Jabber doesn't send audio at all.

So we put a wireshark on the Deskphone side, and we didn't see and audio from Jabber to deskphone. However, when putting a wireshark on the Android phone during the call from Android to iPhone, we DID see the both way g.711 traffic, even though they couldn't hear each other.

It's not the firewall because: 1, CUPC 8.6 works on the same network without audio issue. 2, Cisco mobile 8.0 works on the same iphone, same network without audio issue; 3, Android and iPhone are connected to the same wireless AP having the same IP range during the testing.

We limit the RTP port to a smaller range in SIP profile. It works well with CUPC, CIPC, but it doesn't work well with Jabber. Jabber seems to be able to pick a random UDP port out of this range.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick.

20 Replies 20

I finally resolved it. I had to have 2 nat statements, one normal with the egress and ingress interfaes stated, and another with the proxy arp disabled and let the ASA do the egress.

What is odd is both are at the top of the list, and I tried it with one, then the other, and neither one worked, but adding both worked.  I also tried duplicate statements, the difference being which interface and network was first. One outside>inside, the other inside>outside.  I have TAC looking at the before and after configs to give me an answer to it.

Can you post that nugget of the config?

nat (outside,outside) source static ClientVPN ClientVPN destination static EZVPN EZVPN

nat (outside,outside) source static EZVPN EZVPN destination static ClientVPN ClientVPN no-proxy-arp route-lookup

The other one is the same with a different group that has the inside networks.

The group ClientVPN is the local pool subnet, the group EZVPN are all the EZVPN networks in one group.

If I take the second one, and remove the no proxy arp and route lookup, then it fails.

Nelson Alonso
Level 1
Level 1

what is the EZVPN group, your internal networks?

Those are remote 800 series routers with phones hanging off of them. The problem I had occurred both internally and externally, so fixing one fixed them both.  I didnt post the other statement because it created a DM group since I didnt create a group with the networks, I just listed them when I created the rule. I used the ASDM for all of the NAT. I find he ASDM so much easier to create and troubleshoot the NAT, but still use CLI for everything else.

Thank you very much tahequivoice, that did it for me! I had to use a different command on ASA 8.3.2 to disable proxy arp on the ourside interface:

(config)#  sysopt noproxyarp outside

Good looking out bud!