Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.0.1 character scramble in status

Hi,

My jabber for windows client is unable to display a status with non ascii caracters correctly

is there a known defect / workaround for this ,  or could someone here point this out to the dev team   ?

the characters in question:

áóíúýéðþæöäøå  -  probably there are more....

jabber-char.png

if you select a status with these caracters from a saved status ,  twice in a row ( yes... ) , it displays correctly locally -  characters are always garbled remotly

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I can re-create it in the 9.0.1 release. Good news is that it's fixed and will be in the next MR.

- Colin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bo,

What version of the client are you using?

Can you please clairfy this line:

if you select a status with these caracters from a saved status ,  twice  in a row ( yes... ) , it displays correctly locally -  characters are  always garbled remotly

What do you mean by twice in a row?

And by remotely do you mean on someone else's buddy list?

- Coln

hey Coln

I am using 9.0.1 8802

if I enter a status containing special characters , it automatically is added to the list of custom status

if I select the status from the status  menu ( after I have typed it in )  , and I select it twice, always using the drop down , it becomes readable on my client - other jabber users see my status as scrambled characters ( like the screenshot )

however , this was just additional information in regards of the clients behavior , the real issue is that the client does not display these characters correctly

/Bó

Okay, I can re-create it in the 9.0.1 release. Good news is that it's fixed and will be in the next MR.

- Colin

Great news ,

thanks for checking this out ,

any idea how long we have to wait for the next jabber release ?

thanks

/Bó

MR should be released early next week.

I don't have a full list of the bug fixes it in yet, but I believe this fix should be in it.

- Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: