Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.0.4 : Contact disappear when added

marc.ossart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I deploy Jabber for Windows 9.0.4 with CUCM 8.6.2.21023 and CUP 8.6.3.10000. I configure connection to our Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2. The jabber-config.xml file is at the end of the message. All the users has the capability assignement for CUP and CUPC configured in CUCM.

Our problem occur when we try to add a new contact. The contact is visible in the search bar, we can select it and also select a group.

Immediately after press the button to add it, contact disappear from the contact list.

After investigation, I found that if the user and the new contact are on the same CUP server this problem doesn't occur.

Does somebody face this probme before ? Does anybody can help me to isolate that ?

Best regards,

Marc

---------------------- jabber-config.xml --------------------------

<?xml  version="1.0"  encoding="utf-8"?>

<config  version="1.0">

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>

<ConnectionType>1</ConnectionType>

<PrimaryServerName>10.50.110.60</PrimaryServerName>

<ServerPort1>389</ServerPort1>

<UseWindowsCredentials>0</UseWindowsCredentials>

<ConnectionUsername>ldapsearch</ConnectionUsername>

<ConnectionPassword>2468Dir</ConnectionPassword>

<UseSSL>0</UseSSL>

<UseSecureConnection>0</UseSecureConnection>

<SearchBase1>ou=users,dc=lab,dc=company,dc=com</SearchBase1>

<DisableSecondaryNumberLookups>0</DisableSecondaryNumberLookups>

</Directory>

<Policies>

<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled>

<Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>

<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>

</Policies>

<CUCM>

<PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>presence</PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>

</CUCM>

</config>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marc.ossart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maqsood, Jean-Christophe,

I found the reason of the problem. It was not cause by Jabber for Windows but rather by our CUP Cluster.

The CUP Cluster routing communication type was configured for Multicast Domain Name Service (MDNS) but multicast was not working properly. It was solved immediatly after changing to Router-to-Router.

Settings is located in the following menu : Cisco Unified Presence Administration > System > Cluster Topology

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,

Marc

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello

I've faced the same issue.

Check your CUCM UserID corresponding AD attribute and add in the xml file between

eg our UserID is the mail attribute so with mail no more contacts are disappearing.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Thank you very much for your answer. I tried but it doesn't work.

I may have a problem in my CUP Cluster. I will continu to investigate...

Best regards,

Marc

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

If above suggestion does not work, then please open a TAC case for further assistance. This could be a CUP configuration issue. Contacts do disapper after adding them if they are not licensed CUP users. But you have mentioned that it is not the case.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Thanks a lot for your support. I try the proposal of Jean-Christohpe but it doesn't work. I will contact the TAC to analyze this problem.

I let you know when I found the issue.

Best regards,

Marc

marc.ossart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maqsood, Jean-Christophe,

I found the reason of the problem. It was not cause by Jabber for Windows but rather by our CUP Cluster.

The CUP Cluster routing communication type was configured for Multicast Domain Name Service (MDNS) but multicast was not working properly. It was solved immediatly after changing to Router-to-Router.

Settings is located in the following menu : Cisco Unified Presence Administration > System > Cluster Topology

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: