Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.1 in SoftPhone mode calling ID presentation

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear community,

I'm writing with issue in Jabber 9.1 for Windows in SoftPhone mode. The issue I'm describing doesn't exist in 9.0.5.

When I'm calling internaly to jabber in softphone mode. I have pop-up as below:

SoftPhone-internal.PNG

But when I'm calling to jabber in softphone mode from PSTN. I have following pop-up:

SoftPhone.PNG

After changing from softphone to deskphone and calling form the same PSTN phone everything seem to work fine:

DeskPhone.PNG

Only difference between internal and PSTN call in softphone mode in signalization between CUCM and Jabber is SIP "from" field:

Internal call:

<sip:33374@172.16.30.10>;tag=454755~c6db93ab-24af-48c9-9e86-a6ece1471698-37552997

where 172.16.30.10 is our CUCM IP address

Call from PSTN:

<sip:0726XXXXXX@ITSP.domain.com>;tag=454731~c6db93ab-24af-48c9-9e86-a6ece1471698-19339769

where ITSP.domain.com is our SIP ITSP domain.

Also when such call without proper ID happen it isn't put to jabber call history.

Have anyone encountered same problem?

Best Regards,

Piotr Falgowski

6 Replies 6

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thread update:

Problem still exist in Jabber for Windows 9.1.1.

Best Regards,

Piotr Falgowski

hi, did you find a fix for this , we have a similar issue. Client 9.12 , media service started on client.

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

@jeff.singh: It is opened a TAC SR for that issue. Currently case is at business unit responsible for Jabber for Windows. So stay tuned, I'll update the thread when there will be some new information.

Ragards,

Piotr Falgowski

Hi,

What is your user extension number populated with in Jabber. Is this the full DDI : 0726XXXXX? It looks like you need to configure wither application dial rules of tranlsation pattern to map internal 5 digit extension to the numbers populated in AD.

Look at the number populated for users in Jabber..what is the extension there..Does it match the users Extension on the phone?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

TAC opened new bug ID for that issue: CSCue68071.

Root cause of this bug is different string after @ than CUCM address in Remote-Party-ID SIP field.

Piotr Falgowski

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Fix for that bug will be scheduled and released in J4W 9.2

Piotr Falgowski

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: