Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Desk Phone Integration

When stting up "Desk Phone Integration" on cisco Jabber on a test iPhone, Jabber loops forever when verifying account information saying just "verifying...". It never display an error message. It will eventually stop, the "Desk Phone Integration" staying "Not Configured"

CUCM version : 8.6(2)

iPhone iOS : 6.0.1

Jabber client : 9.0.2.20078

I followed the instructions in the "Administration Guide for Cisco Jabber for iPhone Release 9.0.1" to setup the call manager.

1. I created a dedicated SIP profile,
  2. created the TCTTEST "Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone" phone according to the documentation
  3. and edit my phone and user settings according to the "Enable Active Call Transfer Between Cisco Jabber and Desk Phone" section of the documentation

despite all that, it doesn't work

I tried with other accounts/mobiles and the result is the same.

Jabber does register to the CUCM and I can get my extension on the Jabber client and place/receive calls using my desk extension. But the "desk phone integration" doesn't work

What I noticed is that :

• on the TCTXXXX "Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone" phone device setting page, there is no "Sign In Feature" option as described in the documentation
  • because we use Extension mobility the "Owner User ID" feature is disable on the desk phone device settings. I temporarily uncecked the "extension mobility" checkbox on the device, setup my ID as the "Owner User ID" and re-checked the "extension mobility" checkbox but the result is the same.

I searched the web and couldn't find anyone with similar issue...help will be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check if Cisco CTI Manager Service is activated in Cisco Unified Serviceability/Tools/Service Activation.

If you did the exact steps from the Administration Guide for Cisco Jabber it should work.

Good luck..

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

'Desk Phone Integration' basically monitors your desk phone via CTI and allows you to grab an active call from it (i.e. from the iPhone).

Requirements:

Your end user needs to be a member of 'Standard CTI Enabled' and associating to your device (or EM profile + CTI Controlled EM profile on CM8.x)

Your end user needs adding in your iPhone config (i.e. through the phone itself if that's how you have it set up, or better through the product specific configuration settings on the TCTxxx device, WITH 'user configuration editing' DISABLED).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for you answer.

I have followed all the requirements explained in the "Administration Guide for Cisco Jabber for iPhone Release 9.0.1" including the one you mentioned :

1. the user is a member of  'Standard CTI Enabled'
  2. CTI Controlled is allowed on the DN, the end user account and the desk phone
  3. the end user is associated to both the desk phone and the TCT phone
  4. And '' is set to disable on the TCTxxxx device

Despite all that the "desk phone integration" doesn't work

Check if Cisco CTI Manager Service is activated in Cisco Unified Serviceability/Tools/Service Activation.

If you did the exact steps from the Administration Guide for Cisco Jabber it should work.

Good luck..

Adrian,

Yes that was it. The Cisco CTI Manager Service was deactivated on the CUCM servers

bahuston1
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone figure this out?