Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Desk Phone

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys,

I've configured CUCM and IM&P v9.1 and jabber client 9.2(1), the chat works fine and also the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework Device can make and receive calls but if I try to select the desk phone for calls it just keeps trying to select it but it doesn't work.

Is there and special config besides the normal CUCM and IM&P v9.x integration in order to use the desk phone????

What do you think can be causing this??

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Replies 7

Joshua Sandi
Level 1
Level 1

Alfonso,

Have you tried to see if you can login to x.x.x.x/ciscopca (with the Unity's IP) that would take you to the end user page of Unity, try to login there with your Jabber credentials please. If it doesn't work you might have an issue with the LDAP integration to Unity.

Hello Joshua,

I tried to login to the x.x.x.x/ciscopca (with the Unity's IP) and it didn't work, I have my cucm integrated with ldap and in  my cuc I imported the users from the cucm. It seems that the authentication using the ldap users is broken in the cuc.

What do you think can be causing this??

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso,

Can you try to reset the password of the user directly from AD then try again? Also what port are you using for LDAP Authentication in CUCM?

Hi Joshua,

I did the reset but it didn't work, I'm using the port 389...

I would suggest you to change it to 3268 since it will give us a faster response, so assuming an LDAP timeout that'll be the best option. If that doesn't work I would suggest open a TAC case for further investigation.

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

At the end the issue was with the Profile that was configured in the cucm, the CTI server had a wrong ip address.

Regards,

Alfonso,

next time in Jabber, go to HELP>Show connection status, this will give you a detailed over view, of what is and isnt working in you integration

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.