Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber (Android) one way audio to some desk phones

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

We are running Jabber for Android on some HTC devices, they can make calls to/from the PSTN and also to each other without problem.

However internal calls appear to have issue depending on the phone being called.

Most users have 8945’s and the jabber is receiving audio but nothing is being sent back. With the 7961 and 7940 they work fine in both directions?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Matty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Matty,

How about firmware version on 8945's ? Which version they are running on ?

Did you try to upgrade them if they were too older ?

GP.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Matty,

How about firmware version on 8945's ? Which version they are running on ?

Did you try to upgrade them if they were too older ?

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

Many thanks, we were on an older phone load! Updated to the latest version and we have audio!

5star!

Matty

Excellent !!

Thanks for the nice rating.

Good Luck

GP.

everbaten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matty,

Can you let me know what kind of HTC devices you are using?

We are running Cisco Callmanager with 8.6.2 with 250x Cisco 2960 devices.

At the moment we are trying Samsung XCover phones with the Android Jabber Client.

Only the ringtone is muted by the Android OS.

Hopefully you send me a reaction.

Kind regards,

Edgar

Hi Edgar,

My Android is a HTC Desire HD.

However the problem was with the desk phones not the Android.

Matty

Hi Edgar

Have you tried other model of Samsung you happen to have any other such as Samsung Galaxy S?

I seem to recall not all Android phones are supported. Also what version of the OS does the Samsung XCover current have?

-sheila

Hi Sheila,

First, thank you for responding.

We tried some other Android phones, but it seems that Cisco only support the Galaxy S and the Galaxy SII.

The Samsung XCover is a smartphone which is dust- and water resistant and can be used for outdoor reliability.

What we noticed with the Cisco Jabber client, that all functionality is working.

Only when we received a incoming call, we don't hear a ringtone. When we did further investigation, log trace on the Smartphone, we found out that the ringtone is muted.

See log:

=============

06-24 14:05:56.757: V/AudioPolicyManager(221): handleIncallSonification() stream 2 starting 1 device 1 stateChange 0

06-24 14:05:56.757: V/AudioPolicyManager(221): handleIncallSonification() low visibility, muteCount 1

06-24 14:05:56.757: V/AudioPolicyManager(221): setStreamMute() stream 2, mute 1, output 1, mMuteCount 0

06-24 14:05:56.757: V/AudioPolicyManager(221): setStreamVolume() for output 1 stream 2, volume 0.000000, delay 0

06-24 14:05:56.757: V/AudioPolicyManager(221): checkAndSetVolume() stream 2 muted count 1

=============

It seems to be that the Cisco Jabber Client is bad buildup or not seems to work with Android 2.3 (with all updates)

If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Edgar

dudi_duay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matty,

What was the firmware version of the 8945 phones that worked for you?

Hi John,

Sorry I have upgraded the phones again since the above and I don't have a record of what the old version was!

Not sure if you could check the version release dates around the date of my post (13-Feb-2012)?

Matty