cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Auto Update for Windows failure

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

I had my auto update server for 14.0.0 working without issue.  I upgraded the .xml file and loaded the appropriate software for 14.0.1.

The update is working for some machines and not others.

For the ones it is not working I have found the following.  Although the Jabber progress bar does not appear to download, if you look in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\jabberUpgrade folder the CiscoJabberUpdate.msi.temp is present and intact.  If I copy the file to another location and remove the .temp I can manually execute the file.

I am not sure what in the installation or on the PC is preventing the install from proceeding on some machines and not others.  

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone else running v14.0.0 tried to offer 14.0.1 via On Prem automatic update?  That seems to be where my issue lies.  If I am running a pre v14 version I can upgrade to 14.0.1 but not from 14.0.0 to 14.0.1.

Waiting on TAC

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

In case anyone in following along, TAC is able to replicate the problem.  They are unable to explain why the auto update from any version other than 14.0.0 to 14.0.1 is successfully.  They are escalating internally.

Bottom line, if you have 14.0.0 deployed do NOT offer 14.0.1 via your on-prem automatic update server.  It may work, but chances are, it will not.

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Tried v14.0.2 as well.  No luck, same issue.  Seems like the issue is when you are running 14.0.0, you're stuck, can't get to 14.0.1 or 14.0.2 via auto update.  The msi file downloads to the temp directory but the install process is unable to strip the .temp from the file so it can be executed.  You can rename the file and execute it, but that defeats the purpose of the auto install.  Waiting on the BU for guidance.  They are taking way longer than I expected though...

mduling
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever resolve this?

Yes, I am using 14.0.2 and was advised by TAC to add the following policy changes in the config file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Client>
<UpdateUrl>http://CUCMFQDN.HERE.DOMAIN:6970/jabber-update.xml</UpdateUrl>
</Client>
<Policies>
<EnableAccessoriesManager>false</EnableAccessoriesManager>
<EnableWindowsIPCInAccessoriesManage>false</EnableWindowsIPCInAccessoriesManage>
<ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>
</Policies>
</config>

Did they reference a bug ID for this? Or some new behaviour that requires these additional parameters? 

I recall seeing that service discovery excluded required for those certificates errors people were seeing a while back.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: