cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber call Pickup

Paul James
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed in earlier discussions that Jabber for Windows was to include Call Pickup in post 9.2.

9.2 has now arrived, I like the additional features but in our company Pickup is a major headache.

I have a work around using IP Communicator but this is cumbersome.

Do we have any update on the timescales for a verion including Call Pickup         

8 Replies 8

mmilic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Call pickup is scheduled to be introduced in Jabber 9.3 that should be released in Q3 2013.

Thanks,

Marko

Hello Marko,

have you any updates regarding this feature ? and the timeline?

regards

mmilic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

I just got the latest info regarding this feature, unfortunatelly it got delayed and is currently targeted for version 10.0 in Q4 CY2013.

Thanks,

Marko

Thank you for the reply

Do you have any update when we can expect Pickup / Jabber Ver 10

Thanks

Paul

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that Pickup & HLog were totally removed from the roadmap a few days ago .. That's just incredible ..
If someone could confirm ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Can someone from Cisco please confirm when the Pickup feature will be added? I am in the middle of a Jabber 4W softphone rollout and it is highly embarrasing when a non techincal end user asks why he cannot pickup a colleagues phone who is sitting next to him? This a multi site deployment and the every install is tarnished with users complaining that the new system cannot do a basic function. If you would rather us sell and deploy IP Communicator than Jabber then thats what we will have to do!

Latest information I have received from our Cisco account manager is that it has been removed from Jabber V10.

Which version Call Pickup will be included in has yet to be decided.

Correct of 7th Oct 13.

Jabber is only suitable for a lone home or an office worker, not suitable for a team worker.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: