Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber can not resolve contact for incoming calls

umutyasar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We're using access-code "0" to call external numbers and using a translation pattern to add pre-leading 0 to incoming calls to use callback function on the desk phones to call missed calls back. As a result of this incoming caller-id displays as 00xxxxxxx on our phones. It is working fine.

The problem starts when we start to use cisco jabber. There is 00 now for the incoming caller id, jabber can not resolve the names to numbers even if they're in Outlook Contacts and LDAP, since the numbers are saved as 0xxxxxxx on them.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can jabber discard pre leading first 0 from incoming calls? Or can I do something in the call manager to fix this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

create a calling party transformation pattern for jabber users:
pattern: 0.0xxxxxxx
Assign it to a partition

Calling Party Transformations
discard digit: predot

under the CSF device configuration, configure calling party transformation CSS having above created partition.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

umutyasar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I researched that I can use "Calling Party Transformation" as a solution.

Can anyone explain to me the example configuration steps for this solution for my problem?

I want to remove pre leading 0 for the incoming calls.

create a calling party transformation pattern for jabber users:
pattern: 0.0xxxxxxx
Assign it to a partition

Calling Party Transformations
discard digit: predot

under the CSF device configuration, configure calling party transformation CSS having above created partition.

Hi Sudaggar,

Thank you for your reply.

The solution worked perfectly.

To be more clear where to apply Calling Party Transformation CSS under the CSF device configuration, "Number Presentation Transformation->Remote Number"

Even if I have a translation pattern configured to add pre leading "0" for callback for missed calls, the Transformation pattern is doing its job and deletes the same "0".

I read there is other option to do the same job;

If I want to do this for a large number of phones, I could also do it at the device pool level.

Under Device Mobility Related Information > Calling Party Transformation CSS

Select the Calling Party Transformation CSS.

I can use the same CSS that I created for the CSF device, Is it correct?

thats correct.... you can apply in device pool configuration as well for multiple devices.

Regards,
Sudhir Aggarwal