Jabber can place call but can not receive call on softphone mode

Roger Jin
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM, CUP and Jabber all from UC 9.0 NFR bundle:

- The CSF device has registered with cucm, device name is CSFuser

- DN has been associated with CSF

- Have associated user with CSF and DN

- Can place and receive call on deskphone mode.

- Can place call but can not receive call on softphone mode

- If unplug the deskphone and switch jabber to softphone mode, the calling side can hear the error prompt was "your call can not complated...."

Any advise will be hilghly appreciated....

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If unplug the deskphone and switch jabber to softphone mode, the calling side can hear the error prompt was "your call can not complated...."

Is the DN on the CSF device in a different partition that is not accessible to the CSS of the device you're calling from? That Annunciator error should only play when CUCM cannot find a matching DN pattern.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

No, it's not CSF device or DN class of control settings.

What else it could be

I am seeing the same behaviour. The line appearances on both the deskphone and the Jabber (does the same thing using CUPC) are in the same partition but the soft phone will not ring when called. I have a few remote users that need this to work as they dont'  know when someone is calling them when they are working out of the office. Outbound dialing works fine.

CUCM 7.1.5

CUPS 8.5.3

I know Jabber is not suuported on CUPS 8.5.3 but CUPC has the same issue.

My issue ended up being a config issue on my ASA.  I have a NAT hairpin statement configured for my remote site. 

I think our problem was from the ASA as well, as we were using ASA to do the VLAN trunking for our LAN.

Could please paste the particular config which need to be done on the ASA?
Cheers

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This is happening for me even within the network. I have my laptop running CUPC at my desk and when I dial my number from another extension my desk phone rings but CUPC does not. I have the CUPC client in soft phone mode. Deskphone control works fine but none of my CUPC/Jabber soft phones will ring on inbound calls in softphone mode. I have not tried setting up a soft phone that doesn't have a deskphone with the same DN on it. I may try that to see what happens.

Are your clients in a different subnet than voice?  Utilizing voice vlan config on switch interfaces?  If so try putting a desk phone in the client subnet (same subnet the PC would be in) and see what behavior you get.

masmith0324
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing this same behavior.  What was your fix action if any?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: