Helpful
Replies

Jabber cannot find photo after URI activated

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We are using AD.

On thf first insallation of IM&P, we used the Ad authentication.

Then we have activated the URI (multidomain) so that users will use the E-mail address instead of the AD authentication

Before changing to E-mail, user photo are displayed.

Then when we have activated the multidomain, then the photo disapear, aven if the user can still log using the AD authentication.

I've followed the

<PhotoUriSubstitutionEnablede>true</PhotoUriSubstitutionEnabled>
<PhotoUriSubstitutionToken>sAMAccountName</PhotoUriSubstitutionToken>

<PhotoUriWithToken>http://myPortalIntranet/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/sAMAccountName_MThumb.jpg</PhotoUriWithToken>

No success.

The problem is that the userid image have been transformed to a thumb, so the file is like sAMAccountName_MThumb.jpg

How can I retrieve photo, still using the AD, with Jabber 11.6?

Regards,

Antra

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i don't think that's possible, the name of the image should only be whatever matches their sAMAccountName, you can confirm what they're trying to retrieve by looking at the PRT from one of your clients.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

It was very weird, Everything is normal on the jabber.log.

so I go back from the begining, clear all config, reinstall jabber, test one by one the xml file and mix it with the config on the profile.

Regards,

Antra

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've found the fix, after a lot of test.

1. Add the LDAP on the UC Profile

2. Uncheck the UDS on the Service Profile when choosing the directory - always uncheck.

3. On The service profile: add the Search base so that the user account make the search.

4. on the jabber-config.xml : force the directory to resolve the e-mail, and use E-mail as IM

Thus: the user check on the EDI, which is already by default, then it get the remaining field information from jabber-config.xml

For Jabber android, or other, the use have to log using its userid@domain.local

Directory>
<IMAddresses use-default="false">
<IMAddress>mail</IMAddress>
</IMAddresses>
<UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
<SipUri>mail</SipUri>
<UriPrefix>sip:</UriPrefix>
</Directory>

Regards,

Antra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: