Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber change "basic privacy settings" default

Hello every one!

One question for Jabber (Version 11.1.0).
But first you have to imagan my problem so please set your mind to paranoid and also the option of presence for everyone as worst scenario ever.

Now to my issue.
In Jabber you found two Options for basic privacy settings.

1.) Allow specific contacts inside your organization
 Default setting is "Allow" or something
2.) Allow specific domains
 Also the default tells you accept all.

How can I change those options to "block everyone inside your company" and "block everyone outside your company" like I said by default?
So that all user, if they want to work with presence, have to activate that option.

Of course that option can be set by every single user its own.
But we have the situation that we don't rollout the Jabber client when we are not able to change that default option.
So if we cant change it we wont rollout the clients, and the customer don't use Jabber.

That option would help us really for our solution and the standing by customer.
Hope you can help me, give an advice how I can change it before or when we make the installation of Jabber.

best regards
Ben

PS: no it is not an option to go to every single users pc and set the option directly on it ;-)...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is not admin configurable, you do have to set it on a per user basis.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is not admin configurable, you do have to set it on a per user basis.

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

thank you for your answer.

Thats really bad for us, because that option works perfektly when you have scenario that user have to choose by his own if he will share his presence status or not. The behavior with contact list and "white list" is really good. But I think - like I said - we will not be able to lunch Jabber without that option.

In my opinion with these option we have a great solution against Lync/Skype for Business with dedicated option presence on or off.  But if you can not set these option by an admin or set it as default we don't get the permission to rollout the client :-/...

"Betriebsrat" or "Personalrat" (works councile) are a bit difficulte in Germany with these topics.

Anyway thanks again for your anwser :)!

I agree, right now this is only configurable at the client, or the user page and it would be most helpful to set this either via the .xml, or the admin interface. If you want this to be included in a future release, engage your AM to submit a PER (Product Enhancement Request), you're not the first person I've seen asking about this.

HTH

java

Thats a great idea I will try to do so! Maybe we get an option in further releases ;-)!

Hello,

are the any news about this?

We search for an Solution to set block privacy by default. The user should not do this by himself.

Is this possible when install Jabber to block all by default?

If not, is this feature on the Roadmap?

Best Regards

Daniel

No, answer remains the same, roadmap items/questions cannot be addressed at CSC, you would need to ask in the partner's forum, or reach your SE/AM

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

thank you for your quick reply. 

Then another question. When i login from jabber to cucm, without IM&P in Service Profile, i guess i dont have any presence Status, correct?

But i think in this setup its not possible to do desktop sharing?

Best Regards

Daniel

Hello All,

Do we have way of including list of allowed domain in Jabber client privacy at admin level or config level? We have Jabber federation via MRA configured in enterprise. We are not able to see update presence for federated domain. I am looking for way where I can list allowed domain in Jabber privacy client setting so end user does not have to manually configure it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: