Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Chat archiving

Muhammad Irfan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Our customer wants to store the Jabber chatting of users on external database, oracle or SQL. And he wants to archive the chatting of specific user on specific date and time.

Kindly advise how it is possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution to which I linked archives all chats on the IM&P cluster.  You can then use whatever solution you want to query the chats from the database by date, time, and/or user.

If you want to only archive chats from certain users, though, you will probably need a third-party compliance server to set that up.  However, if you do that you run the risk of not archiving chats that you may need later.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Maureen Smith
Level 1
Level 1

You have two options for external logging, to Oracle or PostgreSQL (MS SQL Server is not an option).  See this page for instructions:

IM & Presence 10.5 Compliance Guide

Setup is relatively simple.  I was able to successfully set it up using PostgreSQL with a relatively minimum effort.

The solution to which I linked archives all chats on the IM&P cluster.  You can then use whatever solution you want to query the chats from the database by date, time, and/or user.

If you want to only archive chats from certain users, though, you will probably need a third-party compliance server to set that up.  However, if you do that you run the risk of not archiving chats that you may need later.

Consider globalrelay.com who is an actual leader in this space, the first two I have not heard of, the last one has been acquired and I would steer clear of.

martongangli
Level 1
Level 1

Global Relay provides this SaaS service, you can contact me if you like I can help you my corporate email is marton.gangli@globalrelay.net

I am based out of Vancouver, Canada. Cheers.