Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber chat conversion limit

netanelda
Level 1
Level 1

hey

I wanted to know if there is a limit of open chat conversations?

6 Replies 6

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For Cisco Jabber release 11.8 and later, there is a Disable_IM_History parameter for jabber-config.xml. 

• If you set this parameter to false, the client displays only the last 200 messages after participants reopen the chat window.
  • If you set this parameter to true, the client does not retain the chat history after participants close the chat window.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6_chapter_011.html#CJAB_RF_D3E17B8D_00 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

thank you for the replay.

I wanted to know what is the maximum number of chat conversations(windows of the chat with other users)

Hi,

I don't think there is any mention of how many chat windows you can keep opened in any Jabber related documentation.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

hey,
I didn't see any limitation either but my customer have this issue,
He opened to much chat windows and didn't manage to open a new one till he closed other window

Hi,

I tried on my machine with 25 chat windows open without any issues. I am using Jabber Version 12.7.1.51081 Build 301081. I will never open that many windows at a time but had no issues opening it.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

If you can get an idea of the number, or reproduce this, please do send it to TAC with a PRT. The new client is obnoxious in the way it stacks up conversations and does not clear the history by closing them.