cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber chat window doesn't show conversation

dstubler
Level 1
Level 1

I have some users in a Citrix Xenapp 7.6 environment.  I am delivering Apps not desktops. I am trying to get Jabber to work but am running into an issue.  I have a user that cannot use Jabber because everything he types in and everything he receives doesn't show in his main conversation window.  It's blank.  He can see everything else: He can see the alert when a Person is typing a message, Presence indicator, If Jabber is minimized he can see the Popup window when a new IM appears AND he can see the text inside the popup window). 

When I start Jabber as that user from my PC, It works fine.  When I log into a Citrix session as a different user and then log on to Jabber as my troubled user, it works fine. I just can't figure out why the text is not appearing in the Chat Window.

I opened a TAC case but as soon as I told him it was App delivery not desktop delivery he said that isn't supported and wouldn't be able to get help from the developers. So we closed the case.

Any help you provide would be appreciated.

Jabber version 10.6 - Presence server 8.6 - UCM 8.6

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Did you get any response? I have the same issue for some users that are inside the network. The error is: "It appears that you do not have JavaScript enabled, please contact your administrator."

No. But I did find this for your issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12022791/jabber-and-javascript-error-message

Does this help your situation?

Hi,

Indeed, I found it to yesterday. It worked for me if I also enabled Active Scripting and some other similar settings in the Internet Zone.

Ronald Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you get a solution?

BR