Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client (Android) - Device Type on CUCM8.5

Hello Team,

I  am trying to locate and donwload the "cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn"  file in order to make the "Cisco Dual Mode for Android" as an availiable  phone device type on the CUCM 8.5

Can you plese suggest where i can find this file?  Cisco suggests the following:

Go to the software download site: Jabber.png

The procedure is based on the attached document by Cisco. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

George

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The COP file has not been posted publiclly. You'll need to fill out the A2Q survey first:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11596/cisco_jabbe_android_a2q_survey.pdf

Dear Jonathan,thanks for the reply.

However, it seems strange to me that we need to fill out the A2Q survey first, since Cisco denotes on the:

New and Changed Information for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6(1)

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_1/delta/delta.html)

The following:

Additional Device Types

Two  dual mode device types are have been made available as built-in. The  Nokia S60 and Cisco Dual Mode for Android no longer require external COP  files to enable these two device types.

GUI Changes

When adding a phone, both Nokia S60 and Cisco Dual Mode for Android devices will show up in the Phone Type drop-down list.

Service Parameter and Enterprise Parameter Changes

No service or enterprise parameter changes exist for this feature.

Installation/Upgrade (Migration) Considerations

No  special installation or upgrade considerations exist for this feature.  After you install or upgrade to Unified CM 8.6(1), you can use this  feature.

Considering the above, I thought that the Jabber is not any more under New Product Hold (NPH) status.

Any comments?

Thanks for your replies.

Kind regards,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: