cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client conversation encryption

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All, I'm assuming ad-hoc and group conversations are not encrypted. Is there a guide or outline to enable encryption for my jabber clients? Quick google search I came up empty handed.

CUCM and IM & Presence 10.5

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM has absolutely nothing to do with what you're asking.

The connection to the IM&P server is already encrypted by default, you can also encrypt the connection to the DB you're using, but if you're talking about actually encrypting the message in the DB, no, that's not a feature we have.

The messages are in clear text in the DB, you would need to look into taking the info from the DB you're using, and then encrypt it to keep it secure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about persistent chat??

HTH

java

Both...we are using persistent chat and ad-hoc deafult(one to one) client chat.

I see that the icon "lock" on the jabber client on both ad-hoc (one to one) chat and persistent chat shows as being secure.

The SIP trunk between CUCM and IM&Presence is using a security profile that is device security mode as "non secure"

So I'm unclear on how if it is, encrypted between the Jabber client and CUCM/IM&Presence.

Thanks,

Daniel

CUCM has absolutely nothing to do with what you're asking.

The connection to the IM&P server is already encrypted by default, you can also encrypt the connection to the DB you're using, but if you're talking about actually encrypting the message in the DB, no, that's not a feature we have.

The messages are in clear text in the DB, you would need to look into taking the info from the DB you're using, and then encrypt it to keep it secure.

HTH

java

Thanks for the clarfication!

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: