cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client High Availability

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know if the Jabber clients are to support High Availability the same as CUPC does?

I have heard here and there that the later releases are supposed to however yet to be convinced.

For example, I had to restart the UP XCP Router service for both CUP servers in our Subcluster however anyone that happened to be logged into Jabber at the time got an error “Connection to server lost”. The only way to get back in was to shut down the application and restart…

Can anyone elaborate further?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it does support it, and by default relies on SRV record "cuplogin", do you have that configured in your DNS and does it resolve properly?

Chris

Hi there, yes, we have one DNS round robin to two nodes which all is fine including reverse lookup. What mechanism though within the client polls the DNS? This maybe is what the issue is I am gussing???

hard coded "cuplogin" lookup that needs to resolve as SRV record.  All SRV records used by Jabber are listed in the Jabber deployment guide.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have seen that but thought it only referenced to CUPC and not Jabber?

That is an incorrect assumption, Jabber uses those by default which makes it work right out of the box without needing to change anything in jabber-config.xml.

HTH,

Chris

If that is the case and this wasn't set or applicable, then how is it they connect under noremal day to day operation?