cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client issue

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

We installed CUCM VERSION :10.6 IMP Version 10.6,issue we have discovered that if we are using Jabber version 11.x the audio and video is not going in remote branches...but if we downgrade and use Jabber version 10.x the call goes normally for audio and video at the same time in remote branches...in HQ Jabber version 11.x is working fin in my PC .. So i am confused what could be the issue?

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

does Jabber 11.x work withing the branch?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

It's working fine in HQ. not in remote site. Do i need to check any compatiblity matrxi?

Can anybody reccoment me what could be the issue?

Run wireshark and see if you see any RTP leaving the Jabber 11 machine, also include SIP traces for a call from Jabber 11, to see if Video and audio get included in SIP SDP at all.

PLease rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Denis 

I just wanted to know is there any compatiblity matrix for jabber client. In other scneario i noted if HQ users make a call to remote site there is audio and video to the jabber client 11.X version. 

I believe since version 11 Jabber started using OPUS for Jabber-to-Jabber calls. You'll see OPUS higher in Audio Codec Preference Lists. May or may not have something to do with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: