cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client not showing online status on other clients

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new install of CUCM/CUPS - version 11.5.

When a client  is logged into Jabber, no other clients see them as available, they are shown as offline. All clients and all user accounts act the same way. Also, when you try to initiate a chat, the chat does not go through. I have tried on multiple computers as well as smart phones. I have checked that the SIP trunk has the correct presence CSS, that the SIP profile has BFCP presentation sharing, dbreplication is in sync. I am using directory URI as the IM address and when you highlight the user, the correct address shows. I reset the presence cluster, and have moved all the users  from the PUB to the SUB.

The only error i see is attached the the utils diagnose test. But there are no errors in the web interface.

Any help is appreciated.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, all the users registered to the same IM&P server and no one can see the status of other users??

Have you disabled anything in the presence settings or messaging settings in IM&P??

Do you see the status in the presence viewer??

Was this working before?

All of what you have checked is not relevant to any of the problems you're mentioning, all of those are handled by IM&P, not any of the settings in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

All users show online when they login to the client, but other logged in users do not see them online.All users are on the same server, and in the same IM domain

I have not disabled anything in the server, this is a new install, this has never worked.

In the status viewer, the users show online. I am not " watching" anyone from either user, i should test that.

Hi,

1. Please make sure the following services are activated on IM&P:

Cisco xcp router

Cisco presence engine

Cisco SIP proxy

2. Make sure the user is associated with the directory number. You can do that by going to the line and then associating the user there at the bottom.

3. Can you check the IM address scheme on IM&P.? Is it default or set to directory URI?

4. Search for a user in your Jabber client and right click on it to view his profile and send me the scree shot of his profile showing the IM address? also let me know the domain you have specified on the cups server

Aseem

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue. the IM user address is user@domain.old domain.

So, i had change domains so that the users can log on through expressway with the users email address. the "old domain" is still stuck on the users IM address, but it does not show in the presesence user assignment under user ID, IM presence or directory uri - they all show the correct address.

Could be and DB issue -  ????

OK, so if you go to user assignment you see the directory URI match the JID? and that is the new domain??

But it only works if you login using the old JID??

Does it actually show that it's using directory URI if you to do domains??

Exactly what steps did you follow to change the JID schema on IM&P?? And what did you adjust in the .xml file??

HTH

java

The IM address scheme is set for directory uri.

when the server was first built, the login would be mike.martin@martin.local. I needed to change the domain so the user will use the same  logon internally and externally, so now the users logon with mike.martin@charter.com, but now the address  that shows up when you log into Jabber and try to IM another user, the profile shows the users IM address as mike.martin@charter.com@martin.local.

In the presence server the IM address and the directory uri are correct - mike.martin@charter.com.

I have not adjusted the xml file.

Steps to change the schema - shut down the 5 services on both servers, change the schema and restart services.

Hi,

If thats the case then it seems the system is caching onto old entries. Can you exit from the client, clear the cache on a couple of workstations and see if you get the updated contact list with correct IM addres?

You can do it by:

Exit Jabber

Browse to:

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\

Under Jabber > Delete everything

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\

Under Jabber > Delete everything

Restart Jabber

Aseem

worked like a charm. Thanks.

I have tried that, without any luck.

Even still, the address mike.martin@charter.com@martin.local was never a real address. It was mike.martin@martin.local then it became mike.martin@charter.com, not concatenated..

Hi,

Send me the screenshot of the following:

1. IM and Presence Administration > Presence > Settings > Advanced Configuration, click the IM Address Scheme

2. CUCM Administration >>> End User >>> Select the user

Aseem

If you have not done the necessary changes to your .xml, then you have not finished with all the tasks that are required for this to work. Without the changes in the .xml, this will not work. Do the required changes, I'd suggest not deleting the cache, but using the reset Jabber. and then try again.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: