Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client - search for user by phone number

Keith Lawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Jabber 11.6 client connecting to CUCM10.5 with CCMIMP also running.

We use UDS as the directory source and have a UDS srv record in DNS and can search for users by name just fine. Jabber config is:

<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
<UdsPhotoUriWithToken>http://WEBSERVERNAME/contactphotos/%%uid%%.jpg</UdsPhotoUriWithToken>
</Directory>
<Policies>
<EnableLocalAddressBookSearch>false</EnableLocalAddressBookSearch><ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>ON</ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>
</Policies>
</config>

However, we cannot search for a user by number. e.g. Joe Bloggs is on extension 10101.

I can search for "Joe" or "Bloggs" but cannot search for "10101".

Is this possible in Jabber?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, I'm afraid that's not possible, this is the enhancement request for it

UDS doesn't support bulk search by number
CSCuy74098
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the reply. Does jabber support searching by number in other directory modes? We used BDI before and still couldn't search by number either.

It seems a bit crazy that you can't look up a user by their extension number. Even our very old splicecom pbx system supported this.

ps - We switched to UDS to get around another limitation of jabber not being able to search over multiple AD forests in LDAP directory modes.

If you use ANR in Jabber and enable telephoneNumber for ANR, you should be able to search using that field

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I manage to make this to work with Jaime's valuable help. You have to enable indexing and ANR for AD telephoneNumber attribute 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/jabber-search-for-phone-numbers-extensions/m-p/3718136/highlight/true#M37866