Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber compliance vendors

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Good Day

Has anyone have recomendations for a vendor for Jabber IM archiving?? I have been recomended a company called actiance, but wonder if there are any others that someone may have experience with.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

russhorvath007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Actiance seems to be where we have ended up. It all depends what you need. If you just need to log the IM then you can just build a PostgreSQL DB. Having looked at what else is supported, there isn't mush on offer. I wanted to use a enterprise class DB for logging but that isn't an option just yet. You'll have to build a front end to the PostgreSQL if you want to be able to query the DB as there isn't anything out of the box for this.

The other thing to consider is if you need a Banner. Whilst internally you can get away without one, its my understanding (at least in Australia) that if you record External IM conversation (and they are not your employees) then you need to inform the external user taht your recording the IM. Its a legal requirement so I am told. SO when I start an IM with someone outside the company, a banner is inserted into the start of the conversation stating that the IM chat is being recorded.

There isn't a way to do a Banner within CUPS/Jabber (you can with Lync though) so we have had to go down the Actiance route and just starting to look at the design. I haven't been able to get any commitment from Cisco that a banner feature is on the roadmap and having to make a spend on addditonal hardware and software doesn't sit well with me. Whilst I can use Actiance for a number of other features - thats great but the only reason I currently need it is for a Banner.

Check out the support guides for the CUP PostgreSQL / complaince - its fairly well documented... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/database/guide/Preparing_database_setup.html

cheers Russ

Russ,

many thanks for the input, I belive with the way we seeing this being rolled out here, external conversations will be part of the plan. we had a discussion with Actiance, but I wasnt all that impressed but maybe we will give another look.

Again thank you for the insight. I appreciate it.

mjw913
Level 1
Level 1

ISI Telemanagement offers IM Compliance for Jabber.  See the link here:  http://pages.isi-info.com/MTC_Common/mtcURLSrv.aspx?ID=20746&Key=F78F6180-E2E1-444E-AD87-BB6A1BB751BB&URLID=27038

If you are interested, feel free to contact me at mweiss at isi-info.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: