Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Config File, multiple UDS entries

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there are way to list multiple UDS Servers in the jabber-config.xml file would using comma separated entries or duplicating the line with different server entries work?

Not all clients on various platforms are not discovering within the environment and want to list more than one server for redundancy.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

darmckin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good afternoon, when your jabber client attempts to log in, it will try to look up _cisco-uds._tcp.<domain> (if internal) based on your login information.  You can create multiple _cisco-uds SRV records that point to different targets, with varying weights/priority. 

This should achieve what you are trying to do.

Note: if this is for MRA, the _cisco-uds SRV must not be resolvable.  Only _collab-edge should be.

Darren McKinnon

Cisco TAC

Hi Darren,

I have these records but get unpredictable results connecting to UDS based upon Workstation, Device (IOS or Android), only seems to to work across all when using the UDS server in the jabber config file.

Heath

Hi Heath,

Currently I have same case (Multiple UDS entries in jabber-config.xml) with you,

did you solve your case already?

Ovindo

You can specify multiple uds servers in jabber-config xml file. Use <udsserver1>x.x.x.x</udsserver1>

Hi Heat,

Great!

one more question,

what port(s) that I need to open in my internal firewall so my jabber client able to retrive data from those UDSs?

refer the below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide_chapter_010.html

please rate helpful post.

Hi Heat,

Could you please send me the example for jabber-config.xml file that use multi UDS?

or please send me that file to johnmayerpetruci@gmail.com :)

Ovindo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: