cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber-config.xml in Callmanager, what am I doing wrong?

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running CUCM 12.5.1 and Jabber 12.5.1 and I am trying to update the Jabber setting to Allow User Select Chats file directory.  My XML file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config version="1.0">

<Client>
<AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory>true</AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory>
<Disable_IM_History>false</Disable_IM_History>
</Client>

</config>

I have uploaded the xml file via TFTP to all three of my CUCM server and restarted TFTP. I then started my Jabber for Windows program, but I am not seeing anywhere to select the Chat file directory.  My end goal is to allow my users to save their chat history because some users need to reset their Jabber client often to change to a different directory number.

I am looking for any advice for this.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Not an answer to your question as such, but why have you not changed over to use the configuration for Jabber that is embedded in the UI on your version of CM? It would make this so much easier for you to manage.

Response Signature

I think I tried that too and nothing worked when I made a change to it.  Perhaps I was doing something wrong.  Is this a proper guide to follow:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_5/DIG_OnPrem/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125_chapter_01111.html

Thanks

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't even need the parameter, the default is true.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Where do I find the setting in Jabber?  When I click on the Gear, go to Options and then Chats, I don't have the option to save chats any where.  In fact, when I click on any tabs in the Options area, I don't have any options to change any paths.

Thank you for the reply.  I appreciate it.

To save a chat you right click anywhere in the chat. This is as Java wrote enabled per default. Where it’s saved I assume is controlled by the parameter in the XML or UI variant of the configuration. However there is a default location, but I don’t have information about what it is right now. Recommend you to test this out without any added configuration to see what the defaults are.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: