Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber connection settings and LDAP search

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

1) I have J4W 9.1 client where it loses the Jabber connection settings every now and then and the end user has to re-type server address and domain name. Strange thing is it is only happening with one end user and all other users are just fine. Any ideas what to look for and how to troubleshoot?

2) I have another J4W 9.1.5 deployment which is EDI enabled and AD LDAP search is working fine. In this case customer also has lot of end users which are not LDAP enabled end users and just a local user in CUCM for things like meeting room, staff room etc. Customer would like to search for those UDS end users in Jabber client for click to dial purposes so how do I configure a config-xml file so that it search of EDI AD integrated users as well as local UDS CUCM users?

Thanks

Aamir

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amir,

1) I will suggest to retest it on the latest Jabber build 9.2.2-3271. Does he loose connection settings only or all the other settings e.g. sort by presence or any of the other settings from Options window are also lost? These settings are saved in roaming profile (%appdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config). Could this be related to this user's roaming profile?

2) You can specify one or the other, not both in jabber-config.xml file.

Thanks,

Maqsood

2 Configure UDS, it will also show the LDAP users as well as local users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: