Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Custom Tabs don't work

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Custom Tabs on Jabber for windows don't show anything when I click on them. but the same work just fine in Jabber for iOS.? Here's the code:

<Client>
 <jabber-plugin-config>
   <browser-plugin>
     <page refresh="true" preload="true">
       <tooltip>Cisco</tooltip>
       <icon>http://www.cisco.com/web/fw/i/logo.gif</icon>
	   <url>www.cisco.com</url>
     </page>
   </browser-plugin>
  </jabber-plugin-config>
 </Client>

Am I missing something? I looked into other topics but it didn't help my issue.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Just to update that the Custom Tabs started working after I update Jabber to the latest version which is: 14.0.1.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

This would be the configuration we use for custom tabs and it works on both types of clients.

image.png

Response Signature

I tried playing around with the parameters, making them true/false, but still it doesn't display anything.

Since it works on iOS I suspect its not a config issue but rather something to do from the windows PC it is running on. Is there any changes required on the Windows PC to make it work?

The district difference between our configuration and yours is that we have this tag in the xml configuration.

<browser-plugin-v2>

Have you tried with this? It might be because we use the UI option in CM, but anyway it’s an observation. 

Response Signature

Yep tried that and still the same.

Maybe, I should mention that Jabber is in phone only mode. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Hi,

try this:

plug.JPG

hi,

Yeah I tried all those possibilities even changing the url to an internal url but still it doesn't display on Windows.

Since it works on iOS I suspect its not a config issue but rather something to do from the windows PC it is running on. Is there any changes required on the Windows PC to make it work?

Thanks,

Hi,  did you refresh Jabber config ? Did you restatt TFTP after updating xml ? Did you try another PC  ?

yep, I did all that. at first I thought that it maybe due to my domain policies so I even tried on my own personal PC with a VPN and still it didn't show anything.

Maybe, I should mention that Jabber is in phone only mode. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Just to update that the Custom Tabs started working after I update Jabber to the latest version which is: 14.0.1.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: