Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Dark theme, change style?

SureNot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. This is a feature request.

I am using Cisco Jabber 12.0.1 (not by my choice) on Windows 7.

In Options for Chat, I see only 3 Styles changing only align, and options for changing Fonts, there are (just 12, why?) colors to choose here. And no option to change background color.

There is no way to change the whole minimalistic/ugly white theme of Jabber application. Or is there maybe by editing css files?

Either way, it would be good to have a combo with application theme or at least chat color themes.

Mind you that any decent, open source IRC client or communicator (e.g. Pidgin or Miranda IM, etc), already has far more options for customizing its look.

Before version 12, I think you were using standard IE view, which was following the rules set for Appearance in IE. Which I have set it to use a "Global Dark Style" user css (similar to "Midnight Surfing" from userstyles.org). And so I had a dark themed Jabber before. This is now not possible.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get in touch with your SE/AM to submit a PER

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

nmonreal
Level 1
Level 1

Our office is dying for a dark mode or theme for Jabber as well. It would really up the appeal and I'd stop exiting it so often.

As stated before, you would need to reach out to your SE/AM to submit a PER along with the business justification, this forum is not monitored by the product teams.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: