Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Jabber Deployment Questions

Hi everyone

We are looking at deploying Jabber across our enterprise in the next few weeks and my manager asked me some questions and I wanted to know can some point me in the right direction to fiind the answers to them.I've attached the questions in a notepad document so any help would be appreciated and have a great weekend.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Are there screen sharing limitations?  Video sharing?  Such as number of users, etc.

- Desktop sharing will be possible if you use Jabber in deskphone mode, also if your CUCM is less than 9.X you should add a COP file to enable BFCP

Will Jabber support other chat clients such as AIM?  Or will we just be able to chat/call between Cisco and Lync users.

- Yes, through federation.

What are the specs on the video consumption?  Just making sure that the increase of Jabber clients and screen sharing/video sharing isn’t going to create               problems with bandwidth consumption.

- It depends on your infrastructure

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

Are there screen sharing limitations?  Video sharing?  Such as number of users, etc.

- Desktop sharing will be possible if you use Jabber in deskphone mode, also if your CUCM is less than 9.X you should add a COP file to enable BFCP

Will Jabber support other chat clients such as AIM?  Or will we just be able to chat/call between Cisco and Lync users.

- Yes, through federation.

What are the specs on the video consumption?  Just making sure that the increase of Jabber clients and screen sharing/video sharing isn’t going to create               problems with bandwidth consumption.

- It depends on your infrastructure

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad