Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber deployment - two external domains and single internal domain

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have an interesting challenge deploying jabber UC with collab edge.

Customer is consolidating an acquisition and currently uses two different external domains and a single internal domain.

Each site have a set of Exp-C and E and it's own CUCM cluster:

Site A

External domain: Asite.domain.com

Internal domain: domain.local

CUCM: Acucm.domain.local

Site B

External domain: Bsite.domain.com

Internal domain: domain.local

CUCM: Bcucm.domain.local

Of course, customer wants users from site A use the CUCM cluster at this site and site B users use the B site cluster.

My challenge is the configuration of the _cisco-uds SRV record, since users of both sites use the same internal domain (domain.local) and how to make this record point to the two different CUCM clusters.

My first thought is to create two _cisco-uds SRV records but using two different TCP port numbers:

Site A: _cisco-uds  TCP port 8443  target> Acucm.domain.local

Site B: _cisco-uds  TCP port 8483  target> Bcucm.domain.local

But I can't find info anywhere on how to change the jabber service discovery port number for the Site B users, if that's possible at all.

Maybe there's a simpler solution that I'm not seeing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On which version are your clusters.

we have 2 clusters on same im and presence domain, so we have done 2 same srv records pointing to our 2 clusters.

you must only set the home cluster checkbox on the cluster the user should be active

cheers

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure ILS between the clusters and then either cluster who gets the login request, will redirect if necessary.

And you cannot change the ports, _cisco-uds ONLY works on port 8443.

Assuming both domains sync to the same OUs, what Florian says about the Home UDS checkbox is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, if you don't set that properly, this won't work

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

On which version are your clusters.

we have 2 clusters on same im and presence domain, so we have done 2 same srv records pointing to our 2 clusters.

you must only set the home cluster checkbox on the cluster the user should be active

cheers

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure ILS between the clusters and then either cluster who gets the login request, will redirect if necessary.

And you cannot change the ports, _cisco-uds ONLY works on port 8443.

Assuming both domains sync to the same OUs, what Florian says about the Home UDS checkbox is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, if you don't set that properly, this won't work

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Florian and Jaime for your kind responses. I think that's the solution I was looking for.

Just a couple of doubts.

I would need two _cisco-uds SRV records pointing to each CUCM cluster. I'm guessing SRV priority and weight should be the same. Or that just don't matters ?

They sync to the same AD but use two different OUs to import users. This means users in one CUCM do not exist in the other. I would think just making sure they have the home cluster box checked would ensure they only register with their respective cluster. Or enabling ILS is a must?

Customer uses CUCM 10.5.2.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: