cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Directory set in service profile and jabber-config - expected result?

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CUCM - 11.5.1.16900-16
IMP - 11.5.1.16910-12

I have a Service Profile configured on CUCM with a Directory Profile pointing to CDI (LDAP), and within the jabber-config file the directory server type is set to UDS.

Based on the On-Premises Deployment for Cisco Jabber 11.5 the Client Configuration for Directory Integration states if both are set the Service Profile takes precedence.

I have a Windows PC running Jabber 11.9.3 which is using LDAP (as expected). And another Windows PC running Jabber 12.8.1 which is using UDS. Both PC's are within the internal network.

Has there been a change in code in versions causing this, or am I miss-understanding the configuration guides?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your understanding is correct, service profiles have preference if the same configuration also exists on the .xml

I'd configure LDAP in the .xml and confirm if Jabber now uses LDAP based on that config, and if it does, might want to open a TAC to look into this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Set .xml to LDAP and both clients used Jabber config. 

Raised a TAC case and Cisco have confirmed they experience same symptoms in their environment and recommended changing configuration to workaround the problem (only set directory in service profile or .xml rather than conflicting settings).  

Can do this, but concerns for customers upgrading jabber client version with potential change in experience and real world experience contradicting Cisco documentation which clearly defines expected outcome with scenario in place.  Tried multiple v12 Jabber clients with same result.

Defect to be raised.

CSCvu14329