cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Display Name Update

phonehome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I've tried searching for this but coming up empty. We recently had a user with a name change. We changed only the Active Directory display name and the email address. The username has not changed. I've verified the info from AD has synced with CUCM (we are on 11.5).

In Jabber, the user's display name has changed to their old email address, and when we view the profile, it shows only email address and IM address, no other info. Also, a separate Jabber contact has appeared with the new username, but the user is unable to use it.

I've tried signing out, resetting Jabber and deleting the files here: 

• %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
  • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber

I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

phonehome
Level 1
Level 1

We ended up just changing the AD username to reflect the name change. This was easier and quicker than trying to find the issue or opening a TAC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check and see if you're using mail -> Directory URI , and the directory URI scheme with IM and Presence.

If this is the case, changing the email address will modify the user's JID, essentially creating a different IM account.

Mismatches between the user portion of the JID and the end user ID can be somewhat tricky - I would recommend a search on that subject to see what others have had to tangle with there.

We are using the mail attribute to sync the directory URI, but we are using the IM Address Scheme UserID@[Default Domain]. I'm not sure if this would cause the same issue you mentioned.

Hi,

From what you described above, it sounds like a possible issue with connecting to the AD server. That's one of the main reasons why the display name appears as mail instead of what's configured in the LDAP server. If the issue still persists, click on the gear icon > Help > Show connection status to see the status of 'Directory' connection. Please attach a screenshot if you can.

-Sankar

phonehome
Level 1
Level 1

We ended up just changing the AD username to reflect the name change. This was easier and quicker than trying to find the issue or opening a TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: